Know Thyself


With all this social distancing and quarantine life lasting about another month or so, we have ample time to really learn about ourselves. For those of us who are single, the silence can be lonely and deafening. I like to go on walks to burn off any excess energy so I don't fixate on the silence. Yes, of course, I can listen to music but it's not the background noise that is missing, it's the human connection. Most of us are so worried and stressed out that we aren't in our normal frame of mind. The question for each of us that remains is: Now what? Even if you are bogged down by being safe at home with your our family, now what? I keep turning the lens inward toward myself and pondering new things about myself. I think for most of us the time sheltered will help us see that we only have this life to do the things we want to do. For myself, I definitely see myself going back to graduate school and pursuing a second masters degree. I keep thinking I would be damn good as an LCSW and becoming a licensed therapist. Even if I never practice, just the idea of taking myself seriously and seeing my desires and ideas come to fruition makes me happy. This is the time we have. We have this time to create art and to create a different version of ourselves, to make sure we are taking all of our hidden talents and wants seriously. Yes, most of us are tired and want less to do, but what if we had more of the things we love to do instead of the things we dread? This time will help us learn more about ourselves so we can see clearly the difference.

Comments

Popular Posts